Sunday, November 7, 2010

November's Meeting

We had a great meeting this month! We were joined by a new member. My sister Annie has decided to join in once in a while when she can. She's a busy student at the BYU and is adjusting to the first year of married life. Hopefully she can join us again in the future. We missed all of you who didn't make it. And let me tell you, you missed some great cookies. Emma made the best cookies I've ever had.

The discussion was great. I won't get into details, but let's just say that if you were a little bit confused at the end of Mockingjay with the subject of Katniss' assassination and her decision to have another final Hunger Games, we think we figured that one out. We talked about a bit about all three books, just to get the third one into perspective, and I think that this is one series that might actually inspire my husband to read for-pleasure. Perhaps I'll get him hooked on it just so I can have the pleasure of discussing it again.

At the end of our meeting we decided that some of us just want to go ahead and read another book for December. So for those of you who are interested, we are going to read Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy by Gary Schmidt.

Lizzie Bright is one of those books that just wrapped itself around my heart. I absolutely loved it in a way I haven't loved a book in a long time. As soon as I finished it I decided that first, I must buy my own copy, and secondly, I had to share it with all of you. It's a really quick read, so hopefully you all can squeeze it into this busy time of year.

See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment